19 February 2011

Blossoms after separation

It's strange how Guha's car (passed on to him by his sister, which he signed over to me) has been steadily wasting away ever since he's gone over to Rockville. First (fu-h-st) it wouldn't start one day right outside Gerry's. I'd gone in to get my morning coffee before going over to teach. It simply wouldn't start. I turned the ignition key but a loud ponderous silence met my ears. I turned the key again and was met with the same. I wasn't in a mood to hear the weighty silent thoughts of Blossoms right then. Thankfully enough, I saw the trolley turning the corner and so I leapt out of Blossoms with my bag and key and coffee along with my packet of cigarettes and ran over to the bus-stop and flagged down the trolley. I called Gerry as soon as I was on the bus and let him know and he said, "I saw you. Good work there." I returned from the class and Kim (my neighbour) was there. He came out with me. Got into the car, turned the ignition key and Blossoms brrr-ed into action. I was puzzled and Kim gave me a look which seemed to say, "now what were you saying about the car not starting?"

After that I started taking the trolley in the mornings (and stopped doing that after a week or so and started walking to and fro). I still used Blossoms for groceries. That was nailed in the head when one day, Sean, another neighbour, informed me that one of the window's had been shattered. It was some sort of an accident, I guess. So one window went missing. I tried taking Blossoms out one evening (minus the shattered window) when the car door got stuck. It simply wouldn't close shut. The lock was tweaked and that was that. There was nothing I could do. I put the plastic sheet back in place and went off walking and bought a movie from Borders, My Cousin Vinny, had a nice cold sandwich by myself while grinning in glee and walked back home.

Now I'm not sure what state Blossoms is in. I've been worried that she'll be losing bits and parts of herself with every passing week. However, my very quiet nice neighbour and his nice wife (Senthil and Madhu) also wish to go grocery shopping today. Hopefully Blossoms will be in fine fettle today and not in her state of silent sepearation. Let's see.

P.S: I'm happy to report that Blossoms is doing perfectly fine. She happily "brr-ed" along yesterday. And did not give me the silent treatment nor does anything else seemed to have happened to her. She's behaving herself well in front of strangers and other friends.

No comments: