16 February 2011

Amazing Grace

Some days ago - a couple or maybe more I was marching down to Panera - a bakery chain, which lies across the river. I had my cloth bag and it's been a strange winter but it wasn't particularly cold but I had my (fairly new) white coat (which Guha nagged me to get and then simply bought) and a (fairly new) black hat on (which for those readers who may have come across the book series, made me look a little like Paddington Bear...at least I'm quite convinced that I looked like a "Detective Paddington Bear"). I was walking and marching along when all of a sudden a cycle whizzed by me on the side-walk and something I saw landed right on my right. I was somewhat vaguely startled out of my happy blob of a reverie to see that a grey-blue baseball cap was lying on the ground. I picked it up and there was a breathless little voice saying, "Oh, thank you, thank you." I turned around and I saw this bright, bright very young boy who was reaching out his hand for his cap. I handed it to him and said, "Jesus Christ I was terrified there for a second that you'd crashed somewhere." He gave me a brilliant smile with his eyes glistening, and I very beatifically blessed him. I don't know whether bear look-alikes are allowed to bless - but I went on ahead for my evening jaunt feeling quite serene.

That's that for the post today.

P.S: I went outside for a bit. The sun is here...the mushy ice is slowly melting...Spring is bouncing around in the air and The Cross on the Church (Immaculate Conception) steeple around the corner was all shining and just 'there'!....Hmm.

No comments: