18 January 2011

Two disconnected bits

The School newspaper, The Exponent, used to carry really bad cartoons but it's one of those things that I always read and groaned over whenever I read the paper. However, today's newspaper carried one by a new cartoonist. (When I read the paper I also read the astrology section and nod my head or shake my head or wonder or worry - not very seriously, but still. I can't help it: I was one of those Linda Goodman fans when we were growing up in school. I had also been a Cheiro fan and read lots of palms through my college days and university days [nobody threw gold coins my way though I did get some delighted "How did you know that?" to my delight as well back then...] and even now I can't help trying to look at people's palms if I can...so if there were a palmistry section - I would have read that as well).

To get back. Today's cartoon tickled my funny bone. The Cartoon Title is: Why We Can't Have Nice Things by Ellie Broughton

One college kid says: Oh, no. My horoscope says today is a bad day for me. I can't take two in a row.
The second kid, with a wry look, says: You've gotta stop procrastinating. That's yesterday's paper.

(*Very often I've looked at the previous day's paper and said the same thing. "Insipid day yesterday and today. Great. But wait. That sounds like what I read yesterday. Ohhhh......"*)

Completely disconnected tale (even my batty head can't come up with however remote a connection):
Two phone calls in a row today: one made to the shuttle service that runs between Chicago and Purdue and one received from the cell phone company for a bill payment.
I talk for five minutes on each call, with the respective woman in charge, and at the end of both calls I thank them and I'm thanked in turn with a very cheery, "Thank you Sir."
!

No comments: